The online portal for iPad insurance is now open for the 2021-22 school year. Insurance must be purchased no later than Friday, Sept. 24.
NHSD iPads are leased and not owned by the district. Students and families are liable for ALL damage and repair costs, including accidental damages. Insurance is strongly recommended.
The cost for insurance is $35* per year per device. The average starting repair cost is $80+. With insurance, the first deductible is $25.
Regardless of whether you plan to purchase insurance, all student devices must be enrolled in One2One Risk Solutions.
- Visit www.one2onerisk.com and click "Enroll Device"
- Follow the on screen instructions
- Your child’s student ID number is needed to complete enrollment. This number can be found in PowerSchool under the "Grades and Attendance" tab in a web browser.
- Insurance must be purchased separately for each child's device. Repeat the first two steps for multiple student devices.
- You will receive a confirmation email for each registered device. Please keep this email for your records.
*No Cost Insurance
Insurance is offered at no cost to students who qualify for free or reduced lunch under the National School Lunch Program but the student's device must still be registered through One2One Risk Solutions as detailed above. Complete the process for each student device and a $0 balance will show at completion. If you see the $35 total and you believe it’s an error, please contact Margaret Labritz in the NHSD Food Service office at 412-318-1053 or [email protected].
Families who qualify for free insurance are still responsible for deductible repair or replacement costs should the iPad be damaged or lost.