PITTSBURGH -- Virtual instruction for all North Hills School District students not enrolled in the Online Academy begins Monday, Aug. 31.
Virtual instruction will be synchronous daily with live lessons and student interaction. Live lessons will be recorded and later uploaded to the teacher’s Google Classroom for students who cannot watch the lessons live however students are required to watch the lessons daily.
When students are participating in a live lesson virtually through Zoom or similar platform, they must:
- Dress appropriately and behave as they would in the classroom and at school. Students who do not may be subject to disciplinary action.
- Abide by the district’s network acceptable use policy and follow the district’s use of electronics guidelines. Both are outlined in our student handbooks.
- Ensure anything that is visible in their video is appropriate and not offensive or personal. Students are encouraged to use virtual backgrounds when possible. Several NHSD backgrounds can be found here.
When a student takes part in a live lesson virtually through Zoom or similar platform, the student and parent/guardian acknowledge that:
- The lesson is live and other students are also taking part.
- The lesson is being recorded with the intent of the teacher to upload the recording to Google Classroom so students can watch if they were unable to participate in the lesson live or re-watch.
- The possibility that the student, whether participating virtually on in-person if the district is operating a Hybrid model, will appear in the recording.
Additionally, students are:
- Prohibited from sharing or posting videos, pictures or screenshots of any teacher’s video lesson on social media, gaming networks or elsewhere online.
- Prohibiting from joining or accessing livestream for classes they are not scheduled to attend.
When students are in the classroom, the teacher and the instruction will be the focus of the livestream and recording. The teacher will notify students prior to the streaming or recording.
Livestream links and links to video will be shared only through password protected sites such as Google Classroom and will not be accessible to the public.
On each school day a student is attending virtually, the student must submit the attendance form here.