PSSA testing dates for students in grades 3-8
Posted Thursday, February 27, 2020
PITTSBURGH -- All North Hills students in grades 3-8 will participate in the Pennsylvania System of State Assessments (PSSAs) this spring as follows:
ELA PSSA Grades 3-8
- Tuesday, April 21 - ELA Section 1
- Wednesday, April 22 - ELA Section 2
- Thursday, April 23 - ELA Section 3
Math PSSA Grades 3-8
- Wednesday, April 29 - Math Section 1
- Thursday, April 30 - Math Section 2
Science PSSA Grades 4 & 8 only
- Tuesday, May 5 - Science Section 1
- Wednesday, May 6 - Science Section 2
Makeup dates: April 24, 27, May 1, 4, 7, 8
Taken annually, the PSSA is a standards-based, criterion-referenced assessment which provides students, parents, educators and citizens with an understanding of student and school performance related to the attainment of proficiency of the academic standards. These standards identify what a student should know and be able to do at varying grade levels.
Every Pennsylvania student in grades 3 through 8 is assessed in English Language Arts and Math. Every Pennsylvania student in grades 4 and 8 is assessed in science.