PITTSBURGH -- The North Hills Middle School ice hockey program has been temporarily shut down after a coach tested positive for COVID-19.
The coach was last with the team on Sunday, Feb. 14. Symptoms began on Monday, Feb. 15 and the positive result was received on Tuesday, Feb. 16.
Ten student-athletes have been instructed to quarantine for 10 days on the advice of the Allegheny County Health Department.
While the coach is not a district employee, the positive case was added as a NHMS staff member case on NHSD’s COVID-19 Tracker.
The hockey team can resume practices and games on Feb. 25.
Including this coach, seven additional COVID-19 cases were added to our tracker since our last email communication on Feb. 14.
The additional cases are as follows:
- 2 McIntyre Elementary School students on Jan. 29*
- West View Elementary School teacher on Feb. 12
- North Hills Middle School student on Feb. 13
- Virtual student on Feb. 14
- North Hills High School staff member on Feb. 15
Presumed positive cases are marked with an asterisk.