PITTSBURGH -- The North Hills School District has launched a new website to keep families informed as the cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to climb across the United States.
While there are currently no cases in Allegheny County or western Pennsylvania, the spread feels imminent, adding to the concerns and stress felt in our community.
We ask that district families acknowledge the concern but do not panic, and continue to take precautions to lessen the spread of germs and reinforce good hygiene at home.
This should include:
- Washing hands multiple times a day for at least 20 seconds with soap and water (Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available)
- Covering coughs or sneezes with your elbow or use a tissue (Do not use your hands!)
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cleaning touch-surfaces frequently, including countertops, light switches, cell phones and remotes
- Encouraging fist and elbow pumps over handshakes and high-fives
- Not sharing food or drink
- Staying home if you are sick and for at least 24 hours after a fever