The North Hills School District provides iPads to students for educational purposes as an important learning tool. It is the student's responsibility to care for the iPad and ensure that it is kept in a safe environment.
The student and parent/guardian must agree to and acknowledge the following each school year prior to being issued a device:
- The iPad, it’s accessories and apps are property of the North Hills School District at all times.
- All district policies including the Network Acceptable Use Policy apply when the iPad is being used in school, at home or elsewhere. Web-filtering tools to monitor content accessed by students are on the NHSD network only. Parents/guardians must monitor student use outside of school.
- District apps or programs should not be removed from the device.
- Students may not deface or destroy their iPad in any way. This includes using stickers or decals.
- The iPad should be treated with care, not dropped or left outside in extreme conditions or temperatures.
- The iPad should be kept in its district-issued case at all times and in a secure location when not in use. Only a dry cloth should be used to clean the device.
- The iPad must be used appropriately at all times and free of pictures, videos, apps and other media that is not educational. This includes the use of email and messaging apps.
- The contents of the iPad including browsing history may be searched or viewed at any time.
- If the iPad is damaged, it is the responsibility of the student and parent/guardian to repair or replace the device. Do not attempt to repair a damaged iPad at home and do not take it to a repair shop. All damages must be reported to the student’s school immediately. This damage report form must also be completed.
- If the iPad is lost or stolen, report it to the student’s school immediately and fill out this damage report form. A police report is required if the iPad is stolen.
- The iPad is for the student’s use only and must not be lent to anyone. Accounts, passwords and content assigned to the student should be kept secure and not shared.
- The iPad should be taken to school and home each school day and charged nightly.
- The iPad must be returned in good working order at the end of the school year or if the student withdraws from the North Hills School District.