Car riders may arrive between 8:40 and 9:15 am and should enter thorugh the main entrance of the school. Please follow the guidelines below for morning drop-off:
- For student safety, use the right lane only – do not pass.
- Drivers must stay in the vehicle.
- Drivers should pull as far forward as possible.
- Students should have backpacks ready to exit vehicles quickly.
- Students should exit vehicles on the sidewalk side at the colored cones.
- If parents need to enter the school, parking spaces in the parking lot must be used, and parents will need to escort students through the crosswalk.
- After your child has exited your vehicle, keep moving in a
single lane. A staff member wearing an orange vest will be greeting your child
at the front door.
- Students may not be dropped off in the parking lot - the lane in front of the school must be used.
- Parents who need to enter the school for a meeting or to visit the office must go directly to the office. For the safety of all our students, only students, staff and registered visitors are permitted inside the school.
Students may arrive at school after 8:55 a.m. each day.
Supervision for students arriving before 8:55 a.m. is only provided as follows:
- Morning Care Program: 7:15 to 8:55 a.m. – $3.50 per day - Students arriving before 8:40 a.m. is only provided through this program. Morning Care students should enter through the cafeteria entrance at the side of the school.
- The Before-School Program will operate from 8:40 to 8:55 on regular school days when the Morning Care program also is offered. Students enter at the main school entrance to attend this no-cost program.
Changing After-school Dismissal Plans for Your Child:
- If your child will be picked up at the end of the day, a signed note must be sent to school in the morning indicating who will pick up your child. In the case of an emergency, please call the school office as soon as possible so the appropriate staff members can be informed of the change. Changes made late in the afternoon will be difficult to communicate efficiently.
Because children do not always remember or adequately communicate their involvement in after-school programs, a note from parents/guardians is needed each day that a student is staying after school to participate in a program. For example, if your child will be staying on a particular day for any after-school activity, a note must be sent to school that morning. The note will be kept by the classroom teacher as a reminder for the end of the day.
In addition, if teachers are absent, the note will allow substitutes to have the correct information for your child at their fingertips.
Student Pick-Up Procedures:
Please follow the guidelines below for student pick-up at
- Dismissal occurs at 3:45 p.m. each day.
- Parents must park and come to meet their children outside
the main entrance doors. Students being picked up (other than assigned walkers)
may not leave the school until the staff member in charge of dismissal (wearing
an orange vest in the front lobby) has dismissed them.
- Students will not be dismissed from the building until the
parent is present. (The only exception is students who are assigned to be walkers).
- Vehicles may be parked near the curb in front of the school
up to the crosswalk. The left lane is reserved for moving traffic only.
- For additional parking, vehicles may park perpendicular to
the parked cars in the front parking lot.
- Once a student is dismissed, families need to move away from the main enterance quickly to minimize confusion and allow staff to safely monitor dismissal.