Mrs. Lauren Long
Ross Elementary School's counseling program addresses the academic, social and emotional needs of students and their families. Personal, social and early career development are addressed through classroom lessons. Counselors assist with student development of interpersonal skills through individual and small group counseling. Students may be referred to counselors by parents, teachers or through self-referral.
School counselors teach classroom lessons which enhance students' personal and social development. Lesson topics include but are not limited to friendship skills, stress and relaxation skills and a school-wide bullying curriculum.
School Counselors provide the following services:
- Individual and small group counseling for all students with an identified need
- Consultation with parents, teachers and outside professionals
- Participation with Individual Education Plan teams
- Facilitating grade level transitions
- Providing information about guidance related topics to parents and staff
- Liaison with mental health resources in the community
- Member of Elementary Student Assistance Program and Response to Intervention
- Assist with the coordination of the PSSA exams and other standardized tests