The North Hills School Board, which is comprised of nine members who are elected to four-year terms, welcomes your comments and suggestions and invites public participation at its meetings.
Those with questions and/or concerns that require the School Board’s attention are encouraged to contact:
Lori Rieger, School Board Secretary
The public is invited and encouraged to attend North Hills School Board meetings, which are scheduled regularly during the school year.
Work Session meetings are typically scheduled at 7 p.m. on the first Thursday of the month and are held in the Administration Center, 135 Sixth Avenue, in Ross Township. Legislative meetings, where the Board takes formal action on agenda items, are typically held at 7 p.m. on the third Thursday of the month. These meetings convene in the Large Instruction Room of North Hills Middle School located at 55 Rochester Road in Ross Township.
Time for public comment is allotted at every meeting. Please note that per School Board Policy 903, the presiding officer shall be guided by the following rules:
- The Board requires that public participants be residents, taxpayers, or employees of this District;
- Residents, taxpayers, and employees requesting to address the Board must register their intentions on the meeting sign-in sheet;
- Participants must be recognized by the presiding officer and must preface their comments by an announcement of their name, address and group affiliation (if any);
- The presiding officer may interrupt or terminate a participant’s statement when the statement is too lengthy, personally directed, abusive, obscene, or irrelevant; request the assistance of law enforcement officers in the removal of a disorderly person when that person’s conduct interferes with the orderly progress of the meeting; and waive these rules with the approval of the Board;
- Paper copies of the meeting agenda shall be distributed to the public at all public meetings. In addition, the agenda will be made available on the district website for the press and public to view;
- During the Public Comments section of the Committee Meetings and Legislative Meetings, residents, taxpayers, or employees of the North Hills School District may address agenda items. The presiding officer, at his or her discretion, may accept comments on non-agenda items and/or other issues at the Additional Public Comments section prior to the conclusion of the meeting.
For those who are unable to attend scheduled meetings. ALL school board meetings are videotaped and can be viewed on the district's website on the Boarddocs page.