The North Hills Elementary GATE program creates academically challenging and intellectually stimulating learning opportunities to meet the needs of advanced learners. While providing enrichment and a broad spectrum of educational opportunities, the gifted program recognizes the unique abilities, talents, interests, and needs of identified gifted students as well as high achieving learners. Our commitment is to foster the development of critical thinking skills, high-level cognitive skills and independent and cooperative learning to challenge the individual learner to reach their fullest potential and instill a love of learning.
- Sept. 26 - Grade 6 GATE to "Downtown Dragons: An Architectural Walking Tour of Downtown Pittsburgh"
- Oct. 18 - Grade 5 GATE to Bricolage Radio Production Company
- Dec. 8 - K-2 GATE to Phipps Conservatory
- Dec. 20 - Grade 3 GATE to Nationality Rooms at the University of Pittsburgh
- Feb. 15 - Grade 6 GATE to Puzz-lympics at the Middle School
- Feb. 23 - Grade 5 GATE to Puzz-lympics at the Middle School
- March 8 - Grade 3 GATE to Heinz History Center
- Apr. 30/May 1 - Grade 4 GATE to Science Olympiad