Orientation for Parents/Guardians (Virtual)
August 20, 2020
Orientation for Students (In-person)
Incoming kindergarten students will attend in-person orientation with one parent/guardian during the first week of school, Aug. 25-28, as follows:
- Tuesday, Aug. 25: Students with last names A-D
- Wednesday, Aug. 26: Students with last names E-K
- Thursday, Aug. 27: Students with last names L-Q
- Friday. Aug. 28: Students with last names R-Z
Kindergarten students do not report to school as scheduled. Instead, they should arrive at their school with their one parent/guardian at 10 a.m. Due to social distancing guidelines, we cannot accommodate more than one adult per student. Kindergartners cannot choose to stay all day and transportation is not provided.
Orientation with the student’s teacher will last approximately two hours. The student and parent/guardian will:
- Receive the student's district iPad and other classroom materials
- Walk-through the virtual instruction process including the basics of Google Classroom
- Receive the student’s network and Google account logins and password
- Discuss daily schedules and what’s expected of the student and parent/guardian
If you cannot attend your day as designated above, contact your student’s building principal directly.