Students Walking Home
- In order to be a walker, a parent or guardian must complete the Walker Release Form.
- Each student that has permission to be a walker will have a backpack tag that denotes them as a walker.
- Students walking home will be dismissed at 3:00 pm through the exit closest to Timberlane Drive.
Students Riding the Bus
- Bus rider dismissal is 3:05 - 3:15 pm
Students Leaving in a Personal Vehicle
- All individuals picking up a Highcliff student must join the car rider lane which is the lane closest to the school. Please pull all the way up to the end of the lane, past the playground.
- A staff member will approach your car to look for your Family Car Rider Tag. Please have it displayed in your car's window on the passenger side when picking up at dismissal (on the dashboard is fine).
- Your Family Car Rider Tag includes a family number that is the same for all of your students at Highcliff. Students will have corresponding backpack tags with their name and family number.
- Students will not be dismissed to their car until the specific Family Car Rider tag for that student is shown in the car window and matched with the Student Car Rider backpack tag.
- Individuals picking up without a Family Car Rider Tag should park at the church and enter the main office to show state ID before the child is dismissed. A mask/face covering is required to enter the building.
- Our dismissal time are as follows:
- 2:40-2:50 - All students in Grades K-3 who do NOT have a 4th or 5th grade sibling.
- 2:50-3:00 - All students in Grades 4-5 and their siblings (5th grade band students and their families will begin pickup at 2:55).
- The entrance to the school parking lot should never be blocked by parked cars or cars that are moving in reverse.
Change of Plans?
If there is a change in a dismissal plan, please send in a note with your student. In the case of an emergency, please call the school office as soon as possible so the appropriate staff members can be informed of the change. Changes made after 2 p.m. will be difficult to communicate efficiently.
If there is a last minute dismissal change, please do not email your student’s teacher. When our teachers are teaching they do not have the opportunity to check email and may miss that important information. In addition, if a teacher is absent that day, the message will not be received. If you did not send in a note denoting the change, please call the main office.