Students Walking Home
- Each student must bring a note signed from a parent or
guardian on the first day of school granting permission for the child to walk
to and from school each day. Students
walking home will be dismissed through the exit closest to Timberlane Drive,
proceed up the sidewalk along the school and cross the parking with the
assistance of school personnel to meet the crossing guard.
Students Riding the Bus
- Students will be dismissed through the exit nearest Timberlane Drive and the cafeteria exit to meet buses lined up in the bus lanes in front of the building.
Students Leaving in a Personal Vehicle
- Students being picked up from school at the end of the day should
send a note to school to alert school officials. The note should include the name of the
individual picking up the Highcliff student.
- All individuals picking up a Highcliff student must park their vehicle in a designated parking spot in the Christ Lutheran Church lot across Peony Avenue.
- Individuals should cross Peony Avenue and wait outside of the doors closest to Timberlane Drive (next to the playground) for students to be dismissed. Parents should keep a safe distance away from the curb, as buses will be pulling into the lot. Students being picked up (other than assigned walkers) may not leave the school until one of the staff members in charge of dismissal has dismissed them.
- Grades K-1 Car Rider dismissal will begin at 2:50 p.m., Grades 2-3 Car Rider dismissal will begin at 2:55 p.m., and Grade 4-6 Car Rider and Walker dismissal will begin at 2:57 p.m. Car Riders are defined as any student who will be dismissed to a parent or guardian (whether they are being driven home or are walking home with that adult).
- Students will not be dismissed until the specific Family Car Rider Ticket for that student (2 copies given to each family on the first day of school or at Kindergarten Orientation) is shown and matched with the Student Car Rider Ticket in the child’s hand.
- Those picking up a student without a Family Car Rider Ticket will be directed to the office to show state ID before the child is dismissed.
- Students who are assigned to be walkers will have a backpack tag and will be dismissed out the Timberlane doors at 2:57 p.m., but a family ticket is not required. In order to be a walker, a parent or guardian must complete the Walker Release Form.
- The entrance to the school parking lot should never be blocked by parked cars or cars that are moving in reverse. In addition, please do not park along Peony Avenue.
- Families need to move away from the Timberlane entrance quickly after their children are dismissed to minimize confusion and allow staff to safely monitor dismissal. Please closely monitor your child’s safety in the parking lot.
- Additional Family Car Rider Tickets can be requested in the office.
Change of Plans?
If your child will be picked up at the end of the day and is not an assigned walker, a signed note must be sent to school in the morning indicating who will pick up your child. In the case of an emergency, please call the school office as soon as possible so the appropriate staff members can be informed of the change. Changes made after 2 p.m. will be difficult to communicate efficiently.
A note from parents/guardians is needed each day that a student is staying after school to participate in an afterschool program. The note will be recorded in the office and returned to the classroom teacher as a reminder for the end of the day. In addition, if teachers are absent, the note will allow substitutes to have the correct information for your child at their fingertips.