Students will be given a district-tagged 64GB iPad Air. Grade 6, 7 and 8 students will be given an UZBL protective cover, and Grade 9 students will be given a ZAGG Rugged Book Pro Cover and Keyboard.
How Does NHSD Technologically Support Project Connect?
- Ability to wirelessly “push” educational applications via JAMF MDM solution
- Updated backbone and infrastructure with Alcatel Switches at North Hills High School and Middle School with 10Gig capacity to support 180+ Alcatel OmniAccess AP225 Dual radio IEEE 802.11ac wireless access point with support for 802.11'B' and 802.11'A/G/N/AC' operation, integral antenna, 2 x 10/100/1000Base-T (RJ-45) Ethernet Interface (Supports 802.3at Power over Ethernet) throughout the building
- High Speed network connection via Internet through Allegheny Connect RWAN to universities, Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center, Google and Apple
- Utilization of Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP) to allow for zero touch configuration, wireless supervision and device tracking
- iPad integration with iBoss Filtering and Reporting system to filter internet content and traffic while at school