Taking the Advanced Placement exams is an important part of all AP courses. North Hills High School hopes that all students will take the AP exams for their corresponding AP classes. Preparing for and taking an AP exam can often allow students to build skills and confidence, earn college credit, and save a significant amount on future college tuition. Students choosing not to take the AP exam will still be responsible for completing all required coursework.
For the 2022 AP exams, students at North Hills High School will be registering online. Online Exam Registration will begin on Tues, Aug 24, 2021 at 8:00 AM and end on Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 11:00 PM, with late registration open until Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 11:00 PM. The AP exam registration process is two steps, but both can be completed in one sitting when the student and parent/guardian do this together.
- Begin the process by registering at www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/393752. Here you will indicate both the AP courses you are taking this year and the exams you wish to take. You will receive your join codes and directions to complete the second required step. Any exam fees will be paid online so be sure to have a debit card or credit card available before beginning registration.
- Change your exam status on My AP to YES. You'll see a “Register” button in your class section view in My AP after you join your class sections. Students will have an order exam status of “Undecided” until they indicate their exam registration. Your exam cannot be ordered until you complete this step, regardless of whether or not you paid your exam fee in Total Registration.
This year each AP exam costs $96 and families will be responsible for paying a portion of the exam. Your portion of the AP exam cost is $55. If you qualify for the Federal Free or Reduced Lunch Program, you will indicate so in the registration process. After approval, your exam cost will be $30. Students who do not submit payment for their exam will have their exam cancelled. Students who wish to cancel an exam after October 29th will be charged a $40 cancellation fee.
We desire for all students to fully benefit from our AP programs. Any students requiring additional financial assistance should contact Ms. Mincemoyer, [email protected]
, to learn more.
Here are the important dates for the registration process:
- Mon, Aug 24, 2021 at 8:00 AM - Registration Begins
- Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 11:00 PM - Last day to register for an exam without paying a late fee. Registrations and payments after this date will incur a $40 late fee per exam.
- Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 11:00 PM – Registration Ends
- Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 11:00 PM – Last day to cancel an exam and receive a partial refund (late registration fees will not be refunded).
Please reach out to your AP teacher with any questions.