It is here already! North Hills School District families are
encouraged to schedule kindergarten registration appointments for the 2019-20
school year NOW. Kindergarten registration for the 2019-20 school year will be
held on Feb. 18 from 8 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. in all elementary buildings. Our
registration paperwork process has changed this year as NHSD now offers online
registration and forms for much of our required information.
NEW FOR 2019-20! Students registering for kindergarten must be five years of age before August 1, 2019, to be enrolled for the 2019-20 school year. For the first year of this policy change, students who turn five years of age in August and seek admission to kindergarten shall take a kindergarten readiness assessment. If the student passes, they shall be granted admission to kindergarten. If the child does not pass the assessment, the parent may request a conference with the district’s superintendent to discuss the results as well as kindergarten expectations. This change to School Board Policy 201 was enacted in December 2018, will take full effect in the 2020-21 school year and can
be reviewed online.
Please note that per School Board Policy 205, children who
are not registered to attend school by June 1 may be assigned to a district
school building outside of their attendance area. Therefore, the district strongly
recommends that 2019-20 kindergarten students be registered on the Feb. 18
Please follow these steps to register your child for
- Appointments are required for Feb. 18 kindergarten registration and must be scheduled online by clicking here. Please register as a new user in the upper right hand corner of the site, then click on the gray “View KG Registration” button to select an appointment time.
- Review our step-by-step registration process on our New Student Registration website. This site includes information on how to:
- Plan to attend the Forum for Incoming 2019-20 Kindergarten Parents on Jan. 30 at McIntyre Elementary from 7 to 8 p.m. to learn about our kindergarten program and receive your kindergarten readiness gift bag. This forum is for parents only. All NHSD parents who will be enrolling their children in the district’s 2019-20 kindergarten classes are invited to attend, but the forum is targeted to parents who are enrolling their first student at NHSD. A panel of kindergarten teachers and administrators will speak about the curriculum and will discuss what a day in kindergarten looks like for incoming students. The presentation will include a question and answer session.
Please disregard information on our New Student Registration page linked above on calling your school to schedule an appointment as all Feb. 18 kindergarten registration appointments must be scheduled online.
Evening registration hours will be held on April 4 from 4 to
7 p.m., please contact your designated elementary school to schedule an
Parents who are unable to schedule appointments on Feb. 18
or April 4 should contact their school office to schedule an alternative
appointment time and then follow the steps above.
- Highcliff Elementary: 412-318-1582
- McIntyre Elementary: 412-318-1622
- Ross Elementary: 412-318-1542
- West View Elementary: 412-318-1503
West View and Highcliff Elementary students attend classes
from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily, and McIntyre and Ross Elementary students
attend classes from 9:15 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. daily.
Registration is limited to residents of the North Hills
School District, which includes Ross Township and West View Borough.
For more information regarding kindergarten registration,
contact North Hills Assistant Superintendent Dr. Jeff Taylor at 412-318-1017